Cabot's 1L Cedar Gloss Oil Based Stain And Varnish
- Cabot's 1L Cedar Gloss Oil Based Stain And Varnish
Oil enriched stain with deep penetration
No top coat required
Resists stains and scratches
Enhances the natural timber grain
Rejuvenates and transforms interior timber
Cabot's Stain and Varnish Oil Based is a penetrating stain ideal for use on interior doors, windows, trim and furniture.
Available in both gloss and satin finishes, Cabot's Stain and Varnish Oil Based rejuvenates and transforms interior timber, whilst retraining the natural wood grain beneath.
Note: Fill nail holes, cracks and other defects with Cabot's Wood Tone Putty after applying the first coat of this product for accurate colour matching. Remove stains, dirt, wax, grease and oil with mineral turpentine. Remove any polish with a suitable floor polish remover.
Bare Timber Sand the surface smooth using 180 - 240 grit sandpaper. Sand only in the direction of the grain. Remove all traces of sanding dust.
Previously Coated Timber Completely remove the previous coating using a paint stripper or by sanding. Remove all traces of sanding dust.
1. Stir thoroughly with a broad flat paddle until pigment is mixed in and colour is uniform. Keep well stirred during use. If using more than one can, mix all cans together into a larger container to ensure colour uniformity.
2. Apply with a good quality brush or roller.
3. Apply three coats depending on the required depth of colour, allowing 8 hours between coats. Sand between coats using 240 grit sandpaper.
COLOUR STRENGTH If the desired colour is achieved after 1 or 2 coats of Cabot's Stain & Varnish, use Cabot's Cabothane Clear Oil Based to complete the 3 coat system.
STAINING A FLOOR The natural colour of the timber will affect the finished colour of the stain. Always test the stain on an off cut or concealed part of the actual job before proceeding. Follow preparation steps above. Stain first with one coat of Cabot’s Stain & Varnish Oil Based using a 6 - 10mm nap roller. Additional coats can be applied if a deeper colour is required. Topcoat with Cabot's CFP Floor Oil Based following label instructions.
Regular inspection of all coated surfaces is recommended. Re-coating is recommended when the coating looks dull or tired.
1. Clean with Cabot's Floor Clean following label instructions.
2. Sand with 240 grit sandpaper, remove all traces of sanding dust.
3. Apply 1-2 coats of Stain & Varnish.
Recently viewed products
You may also like
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …