Teak oil is a great way to protect dense woods such as teak, mahogany and rosewood from moisture and UV rays. Use the following steps to protect your outdoor furniture with Watco® Teak Oil.
- Working in a well-ventilated area and wearing safety glasses, cover your surrounding area with solvent-resistant drop cloth. Start with a clean, dry surface. Any existing finishes should be removed.
- Lightly sand the wood with a 150 – 220 grit sandpaper and remove any sanding dust with a tack cloth or lint-free cloth. We recommend Gator Finishing sanding products.
- Thoroughly shake or invert Watco Teak Oil can several times before using and during use.
- Apply to the wood surface using a lint-free cloth. On the larger surface areas, apply to the bench slats with a brush, being sure to reach interior crevices.
- Allow the finish to dry for 30 minutes prior to recoating and wait 8-10 hours before light use. Reapply as needed to keep your furniture well protected and looking great!